Wednesday, May 18, 2011

I Love This Guy

My favorite Pandora station, 'Ringa Ringa Radio,' began playing this really catchy Punjabi/Bhangra song a few weeks ago, which started getting stuck in my head for lengths at a time (even though I could only remember the words to one phrase). I have since looked up the singer, and am now in love with the music of who must be the happiest man on Earth- Daler Mehndi.



I can't help but laugh at some of his videos, some of the footage is hysterical. But he is so colorful, dances bhangra, and always has a huge smile on his face. And his music is RIDICULOUSLY WONDERFUL. I have tortured my poor roommate by playing it aloud....(secretly, I think she likes it ;) ) The music is so happy and energetic, and makes me want to dance!



So listen to this, 'Dil Mera Naal' by Daler Mehndi! And be sure to check out his other songs, such as 'Tunak Tunak Tun' - it has over 22 million views on Youtube...pretty impressive. Have fun dancing!

No comments:

Post a Comment