Tuesday, May 17, 2011

My New Little Friend

Always trapped in the convent that is all-girls' boarding school, I rarely get the chance to shop. So when my school has a Fair Trade sale, I'm there (granted I have money, of course).




Fair Trade items are wonderful not only because they have different ethnic styles, are beautiful, handmade, and unique, but also because they ensure fair wages for people in the world, which can have great impacts.




With all of these things in mind, I approached the long table full of Fair Trade goodies and found this:




The pictures don't do him justice- he's really quite the beauty. He is made of soft wood, and the flowery ornate design is all over his body. He even has little footprints underneath his feet!





He was a bit expensive for a wooden elephant. But he is Fair Trade. And a graduation present to myself. And, he makes me very happy sitting atop my bookshelf and looking pretty.




I do love my new little friend.




No comments:

Post a Comment