Sunday, May 8, 2011

Thoughts On Graduation...

Graduation is getting closer. And closer. As a matter of fact, there are exactly three weeks until I graduate from high school. I have mixed feelings...I am definitely ready for a change, and am looking forward to moving on to the next stage of my life. I am excited to be in a new school and city next fall, with new people, new things, new experiences, and new places to explore. New dining hall food sounds appealing right about now, too, and more independence will also be quite nice. I also am looking forward to a break over the summer from all of the stress and work of school. But at the same time, I know I am really going to miss the people at my school, all of my lovely friends and classmates and teachers. I've been so busy lately, it hasn't really even sunken in yet that I am leaving, and I haven't had time to process how I feel about it. I just hope that, when graduation day comes, it does not hit me in the face and make me too sad! This place has been my home for the past three years and I am really going to miss it... but still, I am happy to be leaving :)
It has been a pretty stressful and emotional past few weeks, what with college decisions (I am still waiting to hear from a college about my place on their waitlist...ahh the suspense!) and the million things to finish for school, and lately this song sung by Frehel from one of my favorite movies and soundtracks, Amelie, has been keeping me calm and in good spirits :)

http://youtu.be/equvoqUT1VM

No comments:

Post a Comment